Welcome to Tri-State Stallions an exclusive Mustang club! A Mustang enthusiast website with members from the Tri-State area of NY, NJ and PA. We have cruises, meets, and events. Members are encouraged to be active & browse around. Come join our family!

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in
This Site Is Closed.
THE NEW SITE IS HERE ------- >Click Here and Register

Share | 

PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cipstinger

cipstinger

PostSubject: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:40 am

OK BECAUSE OF THE BORING ALWAYS WORKING LIFE I LEAD. I JUST SPENT ABOUT 2 HOURS COMPARING PHOTOS OF THE PYPES HEADERS MOST OF YOU KNOW I HAVE INSTALLED ON MY CAR AND KOOKS HEADERS. BOTH ARE 1 5/8 BOTH ARE STAINLESS AND I COMPARED THE PICS SIDE BY SIDE THEY ARE IDENTICAL DOWN TO THE BENDS SO I AM CONVINCED. SO WHY ARE THE KOOKS UP TO $300 MORE THAN PYPES I DONT KNOW. I JUST NEED TO GET TO THE DYNO NOW TO SEE IF THE NEW HP IS DIFFERENT COMPARED TO SOME OF THE VIDEOS IVE SEEN ON THE KOOKS. I KNOW IT WILL DIFFER ALITTLE BECAUSE NOT ALL DYNO'S ARE THE SAME AND NOT ALL TUNE'S ARE THE SAME. IF ANYONE OUT THERE WAS INTERESTED IN HEADERS GO PYPES ALL THE WAY. DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF AND SEE. clap

THIS HAS BEEN A GLIMPSE IN THE BORING ALWAYS WORKING LATELY LIFE OF

CIPSTINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Maverick

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:57 am

does work have a caps lock button?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry Buddy, Just had to laugh at that one. I'd say if both are identical. Then it's all about the name. If you went with Pypes and dyno results are identical to Kooks claims. I'd feel the same way. Now as far as the job is concerned. We're on the same boat big guy. Only difference here is I no longer rotate. Got the 9 to 5 and it's 6 years now of my 23 years. I still work crazy extra hours. Some are chargable and others are comp time (which sucks, prefer the money). I miss being with my freinds and try to enjoy every minute of it when I am. You do what you got to do, we understand.
Back to top Go down
cipstinger

cipstinger

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Just trying to get my point across LOL
Back to top Go down
cipstinger

cipstinger

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Yea Ricco I know what you mean. Also hope yoour doing well and See you soon
Back to top Go down
cumi511

cumi511

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm

okay...like i mentioned to u few back..i purchased the pypes....buuuuuut.....i returned them for the kooks...i wanted the cats and didnt like having to purchase seperate cats and install them...I myself have been comparing these two brands...basically the answer is that kooks are custom....they come with the cats already custom welded on for u..in the USA... the way u went without the cats i guess is fine then..but i got a lil nervous about having to cut and weld the cats on the midpipe or pay extra on the install...i believe the kooks are life time warranty unlike the pypes. I ordered the pypes and recieved them in 2 days...but because brenspeed has to order the kooks the custom way u need them i had to wait about a week and a half and will get them on monday. kooks also include the extra 02 harness needed for autos...i had to pay for them with the pypes....so in the end i decided the extra 350 i spent for the kooks header and catted x all welded and biult in USA with lifetime warranty was worth it over the pypes headers with the o/r x and having to mount and cut the cats on the midpipe myself. in my opinion... flagpony i see no chinese flag on that horse......i have the jlt intake also....when i get these headers put on...lets match it up on the dyno
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Be careful and make sure of the Gauge of the steel thats used...
Some headers are ceramic coated, or jet coated, which keeps them from "blueing".
Some have a better finish, or better welds, or whatever.

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" (within reason).

I have a guy in my office who put on the "SAME" light bar I did... He laughed at me and told me I overpaid, by almost $200... He got his "identical" lightbar for just over $300.

WELL, his vinyl covering the bar is SO MUCH thinner than the vinyl on mine. (How i know is you press on it with your finger and it leavs an indentation, not so on my CDC bar) ALSO, when he puts his top up the 3rd brake light still comes on. Its like friggin VEGAS inside his car. His identical bar doesnt have the proper wiring to cut the 3rd brake light when top is up. BUT it LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE... Who's laughing now?

Back to top Go down
STREETBOSS65

STREETBOSS65

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

"THIS HAS BEEN A GLIMPSE IN THE BORING ALWAYS WORKING LATELY LIFE OF

CIPSTINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You alright buddy? Need a hug? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzex4ljg/
jjjferro

jjjferro

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 pm

cumi511 wrote:
when i get these headers put on...lets match it up on the dyno

Cipstingers numbers will be higher than yours. Manual vs Auto, Manual has less drivetrain loss Very Happy

cumi511

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm

It's all good
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:49 pm

cumi511 wrote:
okay...like i mentioned to u few back..i purchased the pypes....buuuuuut.....i returned them for the kooks...i wanted the cats and didnt like having to purchase seperate cats and install them...I myself have been comparing these two brands...basically the answer is that kooks are custom....they come with the cats already custom welded on for u..in the USA... the way u went without the cats i guess is fine then..but i got a lil nervous about having to cut and weld the cats on the midpipe or pay extra on the install...i believe the kooks are life time warranty unlike the pypes. I ordered the pypes and recieved them in 2 days...but because brenspeed has to order the kooks the custom way u need them i had to wait about a week and a half and will get them on monday. kooks also include the extra 02 harness needed for autos...i had to pay for them with the pypes....so in the end i decided the extra 350 i spent for the kooks header and catted x all welded and biult in USA with lifetime warranty was worth it over the pypes headers with the o/r x and having to mount and cut the cats on the midpipe myself. in my opinion... flagpony i see no chinese flag on that horse......i have the jlt intake also....when i get these headers put on...lets match it up on the dyno

Cool!
Back to top Go down
My08stang

My08stang

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 am

Did you happen to compare with ARH or Borla in your research??
Back to top Go down
http://www.badponyclub.com
cumi511

cumi511

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 am

while i was searching fopr which to get..i found this article comapring,bbk,bassani,hooker,jba,mac, kooks,stainless works.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

MAC actually topped it off with kooks right behind.borla wasnt in it
Back to top Go down
cipstinger

cipstinger

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Plus your getting a different set up I didnt want the catted X-Pipe I wanted loud as hell and more power. Again i have heard alot of rumors but I have no real proof that they even come off the same assembly line it is just to crazy that out of all the threads that I read on on other tech forums to many people are saying they are so alike. But I was just giving my opinion. Good Luck with your set up.
Back to top Go down
cumi511

cumi511

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:50 pm

oh definitely..if I went uncatted I would of stayed with pypes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS   

Back to top Go down

PYPES VS. KOOKS HEADERS
Page 1 of 1