Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tri-State Stallions an exclusive Mustang club! A Mustang enthusiast website with members from the Tri-State area of NY, NJ and PA. We have cruises, meets, and events. Members are encouraged to be active & browse around. Come join our family!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This Site Is Closed.
THE NEW SITE IS HERE ------- >Click Here and Register

Passed Inspection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ricco

Ricco

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Happiest day seeing the approved inspection sticker placed on my car from the NJ State Inspection. My PCM threw a P1151 trouble code last Saturday before heading to Joboo's. Started the car and was idling rough and bam! I got the SEL. Plugged in the ol diagnostic tool and surfed to my favorite code website [Only admins are allowed to see this link] . Disconnected by A/F Gauge and back to smooth idling.
I found it odd that the A/F Gauge jumped around so much. My neighbors Narrowband A/F stays steady on idle and would jump to rich when he hits the gas and head towards lean when he depresses the gas pedal. Similar to a vaccum gauge. I'm planning on going straight to the O2 sensor once I figure out which is the signal wire. Below is how I figured out the it was my A/F Gauge.
P1151 OBD Trouble Code
NOTICE: The information contained on this site is presented for information only. OBD-Codes.com is not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicles. If you have any doubt as to repairs on your vehicle, please contact a qualified technician.

Technical DescriptionLack of HO2S-21 Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean

What does that mean?A Heated Exhaust Oxygen (HO2S) sensor indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over-rich condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time.

SymptomsYou will likely not notice any drivability problems.

Causes: A code P1151 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Electrical:
Short to VPWR in the harness or HO2S <----Bingo!! My A/F Gauge
Water in the harness connector
Open/shorted HO2S circuit <----Bingo!! My A/F Gauge
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S
Damaged PCM <--- Gauge tied into PCM
Fuel System:
Excessive fuel pressure
Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors
Leaking fuel pressure regulator
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
Vapor recovery system
Induction System:
Air leaks after the MAF
Vacuum Leaks
PCV system:
Improperly seated engine oil dipstick
EGR System:
Leaking gasket
Stuck EGR valve
Leaking diaphragm or EVR
Base Engine:
Oil overfill
Cam Timing
Cylinder compression
Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S(s)
Possible SolutionsSee the above list of causes and go from there.
Back to top Go down
STREETBOSS65

STREETBOSS65

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm

I think somebody was bored today! secret Lol!

thanks for sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzex4ljg/
Snakeeyes
Snakeeyes

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:08 pm

On a more important note, how is the fuel leak?
Back to top Go down
jjjferro

jjjferro

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 pm

SWEET!!!!!
Good Job Passed Inspection 756718
Back to top Go down
cipstinger

cipstinger

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Joe I like the clown but thats just me
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 pm

Just Happy Mike. For a second I thought it would show at the Inspection station. The weird thing is Inspector calls me over. At that moment I thought it was about the Nitrous (switches visible and pressure gauge), I do have a state permit for it but wasn't sure if I would get hassled by them. The inspector wanted to know where was the reverse gear (what a relief). Not time to worry about the code. Passed!! I saw him putting on the sticker.
Eric, I installed 2 new 1/2 in. clamps and so far it's good. Keeping my eye on it. I'm thinking of going to Spencer's to see if he can help. But first I need to do some research on how a new line can be installed. I'd like do it myself. Just been so busy.

Thanks Guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Passed Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passed Inspection   Passed Inspection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passed Inspection
Page 1 of 1