Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tri-State Stallions an exclusive Mustang club! A Mustang enthusiast website with members from the Tri-State area of NY, NJ and PA. We have cruises, meets, and events. Members are encouraged to be active & browse around. Come join our family!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This Site Is Closed.
THE NEW SITE IS HERE ------- >Click Here and Register

Alright here we go again!

Go down 
+3
jjjferro
Ricco
06jerseyGT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
06jerseyGT

06jerseyGT

Alright here we go again! Empty
PostSubject: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 am

So now I did most of the bolt ons. I wanna do some suspension, wheels and tires. I've looked at some many parts that I have no idea what is the best road to go down for suspension. I daily drive the car but i want to to hook at the track and street obv. (dont want to spend crazy money on suspension, never was a believer in it) wheels im really lost with. My car is an 06 GT Dark Candy Apple Red so I'm not sure if black or chrome wheels will look best and what design. Tires I think i narrowed it down to Nitto 555 and 555R or Mickey Ts. PLEASE ANY HELP or INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:17 pm

If she's your daily driver, Soft compound tires won't last as long. What have you done to the suspension?
Back to top Go down
06jerseyGT

06jerseyGT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 pm

stock suspension
Back to top Go down
jjjferro

jjjferro

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:38 pm

I'd go with Chrome wheels [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
What are looking to do as far as suspension? Lowering it? Eliminate wheel hop?
Back to top Go down
06jerseyGT

06jerseyGT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:31 pm

lowering and eliminate spinning in 1st 2nd and some of 3rd haha
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 pm

CHE Engineering Lower Arms (expensive yet the best money can buy) Eibach Prokit springs (progressive). Mickey Thompson are the best for the track (soft compound). Although not intended for DD. The guys here can help you with tire issue and may have other opinions / suggestion to help you choose.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 am

I would say start looking at getting a wider rim out back, so you can put wider rubber to the road, with the proper backspacing you "should" be able to get a 305 or 315 width tire in the rear. If youre truly going to go hardcore at the track, then invest in a seperate set of drag radials or slicks. Any streetable tire that will be soft enough to hook well at the track is gonna wear out in 8-10K miles on the street - if they last that long. And drag radials are a nightmare in the rain.
Then do a set of Lower control arms, which will knock out most of the wheel hop, and good springs will really help too.
IMHO- A nice two-tone rim would look great, either black, dark anthracite (grey) or machined with a polished lip would be sweet against that dark candy apple red.
Have fun...
GUS
Back to top Go down
cipstinger

cipstinger

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I just put the EIBACH pro kit on mine 2 days ago and it feels great like driving a different car. Mine is not a daily driver but if i had to i would drive it everyday and it would feel great. I also have a set of saleen 20x9 in the rear and the car handles great.
Back to top Go down
LIME GT

LIME GT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Kenny: I installed the CHE lower control arms in 45 minutes..we can do them easy..bolt off and bolt on using original hardware..you know what rims and tires I have ..I love both my look and my set up..but if you are going to run at the track we both must get a set of M/T slicks...But you will need a DD tire...cipstang said his car feels awesome with the eibach suspension kit..you should go with a matched kit..But with the CHE they eliminated all my hop...after my gears and tune..Car sticks to the ground and takes off really nicely..
Back to top Go down
06jerseyGT

06jerseyGT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 am

thanks for all the input! looks like ill be ordering some parts again soon. ill prob go witht the CHE lower control arms and the eibach suspension kit.. tires ill have to get a set of drag tires and dd tires.. wheels idk still think im leaning toward chrome.. still not sure tho haha
Back to top Go down
NASTY03GT
NASTY03GT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Chrome looks HAWT on your color!!!! I daily drove my car with Nitto drag radials on the back. I like to race on occasion w/o swapping wheels so they work well for me. Something to think about. Lower control arms for the rear is a good start as well as Eibach lowering springs. I would consider subframe connectors also to eliminate any flexing or twisting of your chassis, and I always recommend driveshaft loops if you race sometimes. Cheaper taking preventative measures then losing a driveshaft Shocked Hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
06jerseyGT

06jerseyGT

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm

also a lightweight driveshaft is a must on my car i hear.. lowers .2 of a second in the 1/4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright here we go again!   Alright here we go again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright here we go again!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Latest Mustang News :: Club Discussion-
Jump to: