Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tri-State Stallions an exclusive Mustang club! A Mustang enthusiast website with members from the Tri-State area of NY, NJ and PA. We have cruises, meets, and events. Members are encouraged to be active & browse around. Come join our family!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This Site Is Closed.
THE NEW SITE IS HERE ------- >Click Here and Register

Lime GT crew to the rescue

Go down 
+10
Diablo SVT
hwmightyman
jerseygator
LIME GT
Joey Tomatas
GOLDGUS
jjjferro
doughboy
Joboo
erzats
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
erzats

erzats

Lime GT crew to the rescue Empty
PostSubject: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:41 pm

While coming home from the Famous Daves show tonight, after a short burst of "spirted" driving the car made a series 6 or so old school type backfires and decided to shut down.
Well i must be the luckiest guy in the world because The limester and Sweet6er were right behind me. Good news is there seems to be no unauthorized apertures in the block, there is no oil leaking or smoking or splashed anywhere in the engine room or on the ground no metal parts either.The better news is Jim [Ribs are on me next week Jim] adopted me as his uncle and got me towed to my driveway.
Jim and Joe went over and above the call of duty for me and my wife. arranged for the tow and stayed until we were safely on the truck and on our way.
I suspect that I have clipped a couple of plugs as this has happened to me once before but the car would start that time. I am going to start pulling the plugs first thing in the morning and see what I can find , hopefully this is the problem. Car cranks great but will not turn over put the SCT unit on it and it showed no codes thrown so time to break out the wrenchs.
Once again thanks again Jim and Joe for being there for me and mine in a time of great stress and need.
It is a shame Joboo wasn't there as we could have all gone to the Gulf station and had a few laughs.
Back to top Go down
Joboo

Joboo

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Shit and i was going to kick lime off tonight, But because he did my uncle rick a solid i will give him 6 more months..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.sudzontherun.com
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Over and above a solid ,I would still be at the Gulf station trying to pull plugs right about now.
Back to top Go down
doughboy
doughboy

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Lime GT crew to the rescue 888944 , sorry about your car hope u get it running soon.
Back to top Go down
Joboo

Joboo

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:47 pm

It's nice to hear we have stand up solid people here..... Hats off to jimmy and joe cheers
Back to top Go down
jjjferro

jjjferro

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Glad to hear all's well with the car Uncle Rick. Hope your right about it being a few bad plugs. Kuddo's to Lime and Sweet clap
If you need anything just let me know. You have my number Cool
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Rick-
So sorry to hear that... Just glad we had some crew members within reach to help you out.
Thats what makes this group so special.
If you need anything Rick, just give a shout.
GUS
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:23 pm

I will start opening it up tomorrow morning, Seeing how it is only 1200 miles old I am sure Brenspeed will do the right thing if need be. I am hoping it is something simple so I don't have to rub too much money on it.
Back to top Go down
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Always here to help Rick. Ever need a hand just let me know! Glad to hear your home safe! Good luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
LIME GT

LIME GT

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 am

Never leave a Mustang behind..We collect all of our Fallen Horses..Just glad to be able to reach out and help you Rick..You are part of a Family now that takes care of its own.. You will be forever known as UNCLE RICK NOW!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jerseygator

jerseygator

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:09 am

Way to go Mike!

Rick: Good luck today with the pony...
Back to top Go down
Joboo

Joboo

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 am

MIKE ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
hwmightyman

hwmightyman

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Glad you and the Stang made it home and safe hope the problem is minor and your back
on the road soon
Back to top Go down
Diablo SVT

Diablo SVT

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Wow that sucks Rick! Hope it is a simple fix as well. Worst case scenario I'm sure Brenspeed will take care of you! Nice to know there are nice people on this site.
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Seems like the PCM unit fried. Went down a list of things to check and everything taht I can trouble shoot has been shot .plugs, re-flash , battery disconnect . Can get one from the dealership for close to $500 it needs to be flashed by Ford to the stock code and then re-flashed by me with the modified code.
If I can find a used one from 05 to 09 from a manual trans car it should work ,found one on flea bay from an 05 that looks like it was under water for a year or two and has no return policy,passed on that as I already have a dead one and don't need another.
Going to be down for a couple of weeks at least if i have to go with Ford as i must reinflate the wallet. Will keep you all advised.
Back to top Go down
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey Rick. I purchased a PCM from a place down in Florida for my Jeep. Its a rebuilt PCM. Here is the website for the place. Hope this helps!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

They will also repair yours.
Back to top Go down
Diablo SVT

Diablo SVT

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Well 500 is not that big a deal... Atleast it wasn't anything major. Good luck though Rick...
Back to top Go down
G-Man 07

G-Man 07

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear about your car Rick, hope you get it back on the road soon.
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks guys. Joe called them none in stock and they can't rebuild em. Just lucky i guess. Thanks for the link . I am exploring every avenue at this point. I am already suffering from car show withdrawal.
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Rick-
My buddy is a service manager over at Maplecrest Ford-Lincoln in Union...
I can call him in the AM and see what they can do for you.

What year is your Bullitt?
Back to top Go down
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

erzats wrote:
Thanks guys. Joe called them none in stock and they can't rebuild em. Just lucky i guess. Thanks for the link . I am exploring every avenue at this point. I am already suffering from car show withdrawal.

Damn .. sucks they cant even rebuild it. Hopefully you will catch a break and find a good deal on one. Remember im always here if you need any help.
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:53 pm

2009 Gus but very heavily modified which I understand may pose a problem when trying to factory flash a new PCM unit. I was told be my service manager today who knows I have a modified car that the PCM is bought by VIN number and then is attached to the car and they load an "as built" tune in it.Well as we all know my car is very far from "as built" and they are concerned that the "stock" tune will not recognize my car from its VIN and not load.Or some damn shit...
I am pretty sure that the units list for about $650 so the $450 I was quoted is ok but I don't want to order it only to be told that it won't work.
I think I will drop the car of at the dealership perhaps there is something I am overlooking besides the PCM.
Brenspeed has told me any PCM unit from 05 manual trans to 09 manual trans will work but they seem to be rare finds. Perhaps it is time to start hitting the junk yards.

Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:02 pm

OK, well my offer still stands - if you need me to make a call just let me know...
Back to top Go down
jjjferro

jjjferro

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Damn that sucks........
I'll keep am eye out for you as I'm cruisin the internet. If there's anything you need, post up so we can attempt to help you out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks Gus, I was curious about the re-flash problem. I mean just say a guy blows his engine up or it burns and he replaces it with an after market plant how would he get it flashed? I know I am not the first guy who has needed one of these.It sounded kind of fishy to me. If you can ask him about that I would like to compare answers with the one i got from my shop manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lime GT crew to the rescue
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next