Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tri-State Stallions an exclusive Mustang club! A Mustang enthusiast website with members from the Tri-State area of NY, NJ and PA. We have cruises, meets, and events. Members are encouraged to be active & browse around. Come join our family!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This Site Is Closed.
THE NEW SITE IS HERE ------- >Click Here and Register

Lime GT crew to the rescue

Go down 
+10
Diablo SVT
hwmightyman
jerseygator
LIME GT
Joey Tomatas
GOLDGUS
jjjferro
doughboy
Joboo
erzats
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
erzats

erzats

Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Joe , There does not seem to be too many out there. Found one from a 2005 but it looked like crap and had a no return policy, as is sale. $160 shipped but i don't feel like pissing away $160 to get another fried one.
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:29 pm

erzats wrote:
Thanks Gus, I was curious about the re-flash problem. I mean just say a guy blows his engine up or it burns and he replaces it with an after market plant how would he get it flashed? I know I am not the first guy who has needed one of these.It sounded kind of fishy to me. If you can ask him about that I would like to compare answers with the one i got from my shop manager.

I will be on the phone with him first thing in the AM...
GUS
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Joe and Jimmy, You guys are the best! Hope all goes well with the car Rick.
Back to top Go down
Joboo

Joboo

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 pm

I have no clue whats going on here, But if you need me to pick up milk or you need a ride i am here for you uncle rick...................
Back to top Go down
http://www.sudzontherun.com
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 294472

hahahahah .. milk..

I dont think milk is going to defry his PCM LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks Gus, Standing by.

Ricco, It will be up and running as soon as I can rub money on it.

Joboo, If you get milk you better bring cookies.
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 am

Joboo , Just think of it like this : bad Ju Ju , magic gone from engine.
Back to top Go down
doughboy
doughboy

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 am

Joboo wrote:
I have no clue whats going on here, But if you need me to pick up milk or you need a ride i am here for you uncle rick...................
funnypost
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Car is on the way to the dealership. They will try to re-flash the existing [service manager says they sometimes lose their memory] PCM with he original tune. If that does not work then they will get a new PCM unit and they have assured me that it will be re-flashed to stock and ready to take any tune I would like to load in it. Hope it works out as easy as it sounds typing it.
Back to top Go down
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Good luck Rick! Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey Rick, sorry for the late response...
I left message at the dealership for my guy to call me, they just informed me a little while ago that he's out on vacation this week.
But glad you are getting it taken care of.
Sorry I couldn't help you out more...
GUS
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:50 pm

OK Car is running at this point . It was a blown fuse to the PCM fuse is not located in the fuse box which is why i missed it Dealership had it for all of an hour and it is up and running. Now I must find out why fuse blew, but one step at a time. YESSSS.
Back to top Go down
GOLDGUS
Admin
GOLDGUS

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 pm

OK, now that this crisis has been averted... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
We will now be working on your punctuation young man!!!
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Glad you're back running Uncle Rick...
Back to top Go down
Joey Tomatas

Joey Tomatas

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Glad to see the car is running Rick!
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Got another call from dealership. Reason why fuse blew. Wire to C O P #8 partially melted due to laying against upper engine seems to have been routed poorly ,this also explains backfire/ detonation noise we heard ,when cop shorted out it either overfed or starved the #8 cylinder causing noises and then car shut down when fuse blew.
Back to top Go down
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Gus lets just stick to the vernacular. The nuns tried to improve me for years with very little success. As they used to tell me "its a lucky girl who misses you Mr. Carment"
Back to top Go down
LIME GT

LIME GT

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Rick that is Awesome News!!! cheers ..I am so glad all that was wrong was a small wire and a stinkin fuse.... clap ..Please let us in on the location of the PCM fuse..so incase anyone of us has a similar problem..We should start keep a nice log of different fixes to the problems with our babies in the future..Like location of things ..ETC (cabin air filter) for example..The BulletMan..AKA Uncle RICK is back in action!!!!
Back to top Go down
G-Man 07

G-Man 07

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Man am I glad to hear you are up and running!! Back to the shows.
Back to top Go down
jjjferro

jjjferro

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Welcome back Uncle Rick clap
Back to top Go down
jerseygator

jerseygator

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 pm

That's great news Rick!
Back to top Go down
Joboo

Joboo

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Nice we have some catching up to do. I am free Thursday night
Back to top Go down
http://www.sudzontherun.com
erzats

erzats

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 am

Home depot on route #1 in edison. Thursday nights. That is if they are still having it there.
Back to top Go down
doughboy
doughboy

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 am

erzats wrote:
OK Car is running at this point . It was a blown fuse to the PCM fuse is not located in the fuse box which is why i missed it Dealership had it for all of an hour and it is up and running. Now I must find out why fuse blew, but one step at a time. YESSSS.
glad the problem was solved.
Back to top Go down
Ricco

Ricco

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 am

Great News, Happy for ya Rick!
Back to top Go down
NJ Chick

NJ Chick

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Glad to hear you're back on track Rick! I'm not surprised that Jimmy and Joe helped you out, they are good guys and wouldn't leave anyone stranded! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lime GT crew to the rescue   Lime GT crew to the rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lime GT crew to the rescue
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next